The HAMKit VMAC AV PiHat v2.4 Lite, is a small board which provides a very flexible Audio and Video Switching Matrix, with on-board Video Signal Detectors.
This board is a minimized ‘lite’ version of the HAMKit VMAC PiHat v2.4, featuring the flexible Audio/Video matrix and Video Detectors, without the OSD, DTMF and EEPROM. Two Lite boards can be stacked, or can also be stacked with an HAMKit VMAC PiHat v2.4, to allow 12 A/V RCA inputs and 8 A/V RCA outputs.
Size 85mm x 56mm x 15mm. Software is open source.
This may principally be used as a Raspberry Pi add-on board, or connected to other devices such as Arduino or Microchip, via i2c.
To stack two HAMKit VMAC PiHat boaards, you simply need to change the Matrix address solder pad, from one position to the other. Then the two boards can be easily controlled at the same time from the same Pi application.
Typical applications for the HAMKit VMAC PiHat v2 are:
- ATV and DATV Repeater Control Logic
- ATV home, mobile or portable stations
- FM Repeater Control Logic
- Audio / Video matrix controller
- CCTV (Matrix or Auto Cycle Select)
- FPV (5GHz Video Camera Receivers)
- Video remote switching
- Audio remote switching
The HAMKit VMAC PiHat Lite is supplied as a populated tested SMT board with through hole components soldered, with exception to the Pi Header. Based on the HAMKit VMAC PiHat v2 Specification.
The HAMKit VMAC PiHat is easily software controlled from the Raspberry Pi using your preferred coding language such as Python and all software provided is Open Source in order to encourage people to develop and help each other with ideas and applications.
The default HAMKit VMAC PiHat Input/Output configuration is:
- 3 x Video inputs on AV1, AV2 and AV3
- 3 x Audio inputs on AV4, AV5 and AV6
- 2 x Video outputs on AV 1 and AV 2
- 2 x Audio outputs on AV 3 and AV 4
These maybe altered by updating the input and output resistors and capacitors as shown in the schematic.
Supplied Built and Configured:
- 3 x Video Inputs (3 x RX for example)
- 3 x Audio Inputs (3 x RX for example)
- 1 x Pi A/V input (Test Card for example)
- 2 x Video Outputs (TX and Stream/Monitor for example)
- 2 x Audio Outputs (TX and Stream/Monitor for example)
Ready Built Kit:
- 1 x HAMKit VMAC PiHat v2.4 Lite (Fully built, almost ready to plug into a Pi 2 or 3 and tested)
- 1 x Pi GPIO Header Riser Soldered for Pi 2 or 3.
- 2 x JST 6 pin cables
- 1 x Set of Pi mounting posts/bolts
- 1 x Pack of 0805 components (allowing change of input types if needed)
Note: A Raspberry Pi is NOT included in this kit.
All software and examples are on the HAMKit Wiki
The User Guide is a dynamic document and the latest revision and datasheets can be downloaded here
Our new Wiki pages will continually expand with useful information and code examples.
HAMKit include FREE 1st class postage to UK mainland addresses.
International tracked shipping only £10, per order (not including any local taxes).
International Priority Shipping can be provided at an additional cost, on request.