The HAMKit VMAC AV PiHat, is a small board which provides a very flexible Audio and Video Switching Matrix, with on-board DTMF Decoder, EEPROM and DC Regulator. Size 85mm x 56mm x 15mm
This may principally be used as a Raspberry Pi add-on board, or connected to other devices such as Arduino or Microchip, via i2c.
Typical applications for the HAMKit VMAC PiHat are:
- ATV and DATV Repeater Control Logic
- ATV home, mobile or portable stations
- FM Repeater Control Logic
- Audio / Video matrix controller
- CCTV (Matrix or Auto Cycle Select)
- FPV (5GHz Video Camera Receivers)
- Video remote switching
- Audio remote switching
The HAMKit VMAC PiHat is supplied as a populated tested SMT board and a bag of all through hole components.
The HAMKit VMAC PiHat is easily software controlled from the Raspberry Pi using your preferred coding language such as Python and all software provided is Open Source in order to encourage people to develop and help each other with ideas and applications.
The default HAMKit VMAC PiHat Input/Output configuration is:
- 3 x Video inputs on AV1, AV2 and AV3
- 3 x Audio inputs on AV4, AV5 and AV6
- 2 x Video outputs on A/V 1 and A/V 2
- 2 x Audio outputs on A/V 3 and A/V 4
These maybe altered by updating the input and output resistors and capacitors as shown in the schematic.
In the Kit:
- 1 x HAMKit VMAC PiHat PCB (SMT Populated)
- 10 x RCA PCB mount sockets
- 1 x 3.5mm 4 pole socket
- 1 x DC10 2.1mm socket
- 2 x JST 6 pin cables
- 2 x 20w headers (these will require slight filing in the middle ends)
- 4 x 10w header spacers (if used, these are to be cut down to height, as needed)
- 1 x Set of Pi mounting posts/bolts
Note: A Raspberry Pi is NOT included in this kit.
All software and examples are on the HAMKit website
The User Guide is a dynamic document and the latest revision and datasheets can be downloaded here
Our new Wiki pages will continually expand with useful information and code examples.
HAMKit provide FREE shipping to UK mainland addresses.
Please contact us for shipping costs to non UK addresses.