- Wiki VMAC PiHat v1 to v2 Changes
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 Connections
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 DTMF
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 EEPROM
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 LED Test
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 Matrix AV
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 OSD
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 Overview
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 PCB
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 PCB DE
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 Repeater Logic
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 Reset Button
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 Schematic
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 Specification
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 SSH Remote
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 Testing I/O
- Wiki VMAC PiHat v2 Video Detect
- Wiki VMAC PiHat Versions
The HAMKit VMAC AV PiHat v2, is a small board which provides a very flexible Audio and Video Switching Matrix, with on-board DTMF Decoder, OSD graphics, Video Signal Detectors and EEPROM.
This new board (Production July 2018), was designed principally as a Raspberry Pi add-on board, however, it can also be connected to other I2C enabled devices such as Arduino, Microchip, Tablets or PC.
The difference between a HAMKit VMAC AV PiHat v1 and v2, can be found here.
HAMKit VMAC AV PiHat Feature Comparison List can be found here.
A revision from v2.0 to v2.4 has been made in July 2018. This includes updated impedance matching between the Matrix FMS6501 and OSD MAX7456. This provides much improved video balance and quality between direct, matrix and OSD signals. Input diodes have also been removed as they were found not to be necessary and provided space for some addition passive components and test points.
The reason for the updated board was to include an On Screen Display (OSD), capability, plus Video Signal Detectors (these providing a sudo receiver squelch logic automatically upon a valid video signal on an input).
Typical applications for the HAMKit VMAC PiHat are:
- ATV and DATV Repeater Control Logic
- ATV home, mobile or portable stations
- FM Repeater Control Logic
- Audio / Video matrix controller
- CCTV (Matrix or Auto Cycle Select)
- FPV (5GHz Video Camera Receivers)
- Video remote switching
- Audio remote switching
The HAMKit VMAC PiHat is easily software controlled from the Raspberry Pi using your preferred coding language such as Python and all software provided is Open Source in order to encourage people to develop and help each other with ideas and applications.
Ready Built Kit:
- 1 x HAMKit VMAC PiHat v2.4 (Fully built, almost ready to plug into a Pi 2 or 3 and tested)
- 1 x Pi GPIO Header Riser Soldered for Pi 2 or 3.
- 2 x JST 6 pin cables
- 1 x Set of Pi mounting posts/bolts
- 1 x Pack of 0805 components (allowing change of input types if needed)
Note: A Raspberry Pi is NOT included in this kit.
All software and examples are on the HAMKit Wiki
The User Guide is a dynamic document and the latest revisions can found in our HAMKit Wiki pages.